6 November 2020

Marketing tips that really take the biscuit!

Border biscuit

What can a biscuit tell you about marketing? 🍪🤔 One of the biggest mistakes I have seen is a brand spreading itself too thinly by rushing into setting up multiple social channels due to FOMO (fear of missing out - should I be on Twitter, Insta, Facebook etc...) or external pressures - perhaps someone else within the organisation saying "we should be on X, Y, Z". 

What will likely happen is they'll get stuck in a rut trying to work out what to post across all of these channels then they'll inevitably leave some (or in some cases all) of the channels to go quiet - que a tumbleweed any time now.

A much better strategy is to really think about your audience, what channels they are using and go there. Better to do one channel really well than ten terribly. So back to the biscuit (feat Lanark's own Border Biscuits no less!), this is a wee trick to help you think about the purpose of the many different social channels...

📍 Facebook - I like biscuits! Please join my community group of fellow biscuit lovers and we can discuss all things biscuity.

📍 Instagram - Here are some super fancy (filtered obviously) photos of homemade, artisan biscuits placed neatly beside a steaming coffee mug. Designed to make your mouth water and make your hand reach for the biscuit tin! 

📍 Twitter - Let me update you on my current status of eating a biscuit. Perhaps we could get into a debate about the BEST biscuit ever. Do you have a biscuit-fuelled complaint? (not enough chocolate on your digestive) Head this way...

📍 Pinterest - Take a look at my biscuit recipe or why not try decorating your own biscuit tin. I'm very proud of my inspirational kitchen boards!

📍 LinkedIn - My skills include biscuit eating and for your perusal here is some information about my biscuit business. 

📍 YouTube - Go behind the scenes at a biscuit factory and see how these biscuits are made or watch me do a live biscuit unboxing.

📍 Google+ - Searching for information on my biscuit business? Here you go! 

📍 Snapchat - Want this biscuit? Sorry I ate it and it's gone! 

📍 Tiktok - Apparently there's a new biscuit eating challenge. Jenga with kit kats - all the rage.

So, who really fancies a biscuit now? Get in touch if you'd like to discuss which social channels you should be using. FYI a jammy wagon wheel would be fantastic, thanks!

Thanks for reading!

Melissa

melissareilly3@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, it really means a lot to me and I reply to every one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...