20 June 2012

Time for a crash course in illustrator!

A few months ago, I decided to teach myself how to use Adobe Illustrator, as it was surprisingly something we were never taught how to use at University. Whenever I had opened the programme in the past, my initial reactions had been 'Jeeesh! How the heck do you use the pen tool?' and what on earth is a 'blob brush?!' 


I was looking for tutorials online to get me started, and stumbled across the 30 Days Illustrator Training Course from Vector Diary. It claims to be a crash course in Illustrator and "one of the best courses for starters and beginners. So don’t miss this chance to learn Illustrator."


After completing the course in a few days, (If you do more than one lesson a day it can be completed a lot quicker than 30 days) I cannot recommend it enough for any beginners out there looking to learn how to use the programme! I went from not having a single clue about the programme, to not only being able to use it, but enjoying it too.


If you have a few spare hours check it out! - Vector Diary - Illustrator Training Course


Below are some examples of work I created in the lessons, and some work that I created myself from my own ideas after completing a few of the lessons and mastering the basic techniques!

Iphone Lesson
Octopus Lesson

Panda - own creation

'Scotland in a Day' - own creation

Download as a vector here - Vecteezy


Buy as prints here - Art Flakes

Series of Scottish animals - own creation



Have you found any great tutorials? let me know!

Thanks for reading,

Melissa x

1 comment:

  1. Melissa Reilly - I shall marry you! This looks like an excellent set of tutorials. x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, it really means a lot to me and I reply to every one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...